I am pleased to report that with the coming of a new year, the dastardly coup d'état long planned and executed against me has succeeded in elevating Grxffxn to that greatest of Minecraft server honors: Co-Owner. I expect rousing celebrations of victory from the Grxffxn faction and demand that my effigies be burned using only the finest and most expensive imported tar.
As we all know, Grxffxn has been a tremendous asset to the TLC community and I know we all appreciate the extent to which he has stepped up to take the reigns and lead the server to new heights. Congratulations to you Grxffxn, I can think of no one better!
Greetings all - just a brief update to let you all know we updated the website and a few things on the server, so please let me know if you notice anything newly weird or broken.
The following brought to you by Escargato:
It's that time of year again -- announcing our annual October building contest! Before I announce the theme and rules, I would like to say: thank you, everyone, for a fantastic opening for the 1.14 release on the TLC community. Good job Sissybar and Planetminceraft for the beautiful spawn, and a major thanks to Nathanacus for working hard on the server while still having Real Life hitting him in the back of the head repeatedly. Thanks to the rest of the staff for being you and doing staff things.
Normally, I'll do something hard like "build a haunted mansion" or some type of murder scene, but I have decided to do something a little more simple. The theme is...
*** Drum Roll Noise ***
The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! Or, to be more specific, a pumpkin patch.
Now, the rules are pretty simple:
- One Person per Build, No helping others with the Main build;
- Please follow server rules no matter what;
- You have from today (10/8) until Saturday, 11/2 to complete the build, and must send the coords to Escargato; and
- The build must have pumpkins, leaves, and mushrooms in the build -- if none are within the build, you will be DQ'd, and if one or two of the items aren't placed in the build, points will be deducted from your total score.
Escargato will be judging on three (3) points of interest:
- Creativity - the placement and amount of thought and materials put into the build;
- Overall Theme - whether it is in any way related to Charlie Brown or to a pumpkin patch; and
- Details - the number of individual features in the build.
Please follow the third rule by sending the coords via Discord, Minecraft /mail, or through the TLC website at www.thelegendcontinues.org (Nathan's note: PMs on the forums don't always give notifications, so Discord or Minecraft /mail are probably more reliable). If you have questions, feel free to ask Escargato at any time, except between 2am and 5am when he is asleep. I hope you guys have a #Blessed day, and a fun time building!
We've noticed a few errors in how rank scores are calculated. The time score is now one point per second (previously was one point per minute) and the fighting score is now one point per damage dealt/taken/blocked (previously was 1/1200 of a point). Since this has dramatically increased scores, we also adjusted the points requirements for most ranks. See the ranks help thread for the new requirements. And, for funsies, check out our stats page for information on how rank scores breakdown.
A few housekeeping updates for the server:
- Elytra are now available for purchase in the vote shop;
- Phantoms will spawn on the main End island as a source of phantom membranes;
- Only zombies will spawn in excess at the world border (however, phantoms will continue to be allowed to spawn naturally at the world border);
- Our server icon now shows up in the server list menu;
- Fishing income has been reduced to approximately 1/3 of what it was to counter inflation from AFK fishing; and
- The world border warning messages can be toggled with "/toggle wb warning" -- you can toggle it on again with the same command.